Position: Market Research Manager – Calgary
Application Deadline: July 14, 2017
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: CalgaryHR@nrgresearchgroup.com
NRG Research Group is a Canadian-owned, private company with over 30 years of research experience as the base from which to deliver a wide range of research methodologies for our clients. We are constantly improving our skills and tools to anticipate the ever-changing needs of the research marketplace.
What sets us apart is our customized approach to every project – we develop a specialized research plan that is right for our clients. NRG has the dedication and flexibility of a boutique firm with the depth, methodological options, and analytical capabilities of a multi-national organization.
We have offices in Vancouver, Calgary, and Winnipeg, serving local, national and international clients.
We have been MRIA Gold Seal certified since the designation was introduced and continue to maintain the stringent standards required for this certification.
As a Market Research Manager you will play a key role in the provision of strategic research to our clients. You will work with clients to determine the best method to answer research problems and design appropriate solutions to meet their needs. You are experienced in quantitative research design and managing market research projects from start to finish. You are an innovative thinker, passionate about research and able to present findings in a clear, concise way.
Primary Responsibilities Include
- Managing multiple market research projects at once, within timelines and budgets, including working closely with colleagues in our operations group to oversee all operational components of projects.
- Working with clients to develop and design appropriate solutions based on the research approaches and products that are best suited to meet their needs.
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals, identifying optimal approaches and choosing the best methods.
- Performing data analysis and verification, using statistical software (SPSS, Sawtooth, R, etc.) to uncover and evaluate solutions.
- Applying multivariate statistical analysis and statistical testing, such as driver analysis , cluster/segmentation analysis and choice-based modeling.
- Providing results and explanations for both NRG research managers and external clients.
The Ideal Candidate has the Following Skills and Experience
- Graduate or undergraduate degree with an analytic/research focus
- At least 5 years’ experience in a research environment
- Experience in statistical analysis (e.g. correlation, regression, factor analysis, segmentation, perceptual mapping; conjoint analysis)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a strong client service orientation
- Working knowledge of SPSS. Knowledge of Sawtooth and R would be an asset.
- Advanced Excel skills. Knowledge of Wincross would be an asset.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present data findings in an easy to understand manner to clients less familiar with statistical techniques.
- Highly motivated, self-directed & possess a driven personality capable of working within tight deadlines
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail & demonstrated commitment to the accuracy and completeness of information
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team