January 22, 2018
In the fall of 2017, NRG decided to undertake research to determine perceptions of our organization by our clients and staff.
The objective of both of these studies was to understand overall impressions of NRG as well as awareness and perceptions of our various products and services.We emailed a confidential survey link to 188 clients from 104 different organizations in November 2017; 87 clients from 61 organizations were able to provide feedback at that time.
Overall, we were quite heartened by the responses we received. Some key findings included:
Some key lessons we learned:
- We’re perceived very positively by our clients, which is a source of pride for us as well as a huge testament to the dedication and quality of our research and support staff.
- We can’t rest on our laurels. There’s always room for improvement, especially as we strive for extraordinary quality in everything we do.
- We need to do a better job of talking about the full range of the exceptional services we offer. Our call centre has been a core differentiating NRG strength for many years and will continue to be so. However, we also learned and don’t want to forget that our team now has equivalent strength in many types of research, including other quantitative and qualitative methodologies, data analytics and presentation of data.
- We can also do more to share what “made to measure” research can mean for our clients. To us, it’s about making sure that every element of a study is carefully considered and implemented to meet each clients’ individual objectives, budgets, and timelines.
- We learned clients value the opportunity to provide feedback. This first annual client survey will be followed by the next iteration in the fall of 2018.
Dr. Brian Owen