September 17, 2018
At the end of August, the Market Research Intelligence Association (MRIA) – the organization that represented public opinion pollsters and market researchers in Canada – disbanded, leaving the Canadian polling industry without a self-governing oversight body. NRG is currently in discussions with other market research leaders on how to best support the industry’s activities.
Andrew Enns, President of NRG, explains that research – like all professional disciplines – needs to be held to the highest standards. The next steps the Canadian research industry will need to consider include:
- Ethics and integrity of research practices, including quality control and maintaining proper industry standards
- Advocacy with government and regulators
- Affiliation with other international research bodies
- Support for research professionals, including training and professional designations
- Formal collaboration between research suppliers and clients
Enns notes that during this period without a formal industry association, NRG will continue to uphold the very highest research standards for all of our clients.
NRG Research Group